Tuesday, September 20, 2005

A Day in the Country is Worth a Month in Town





Raffy, Xandro and I just spent the weekend in Tali Beach. We left at about 3PM Saturday afternoon, stopped by the gas station in SLEX and arrived in Tali at about 7:30 PM. Time seems slower and I finally was able to watch the DVD of Coach Carter after a month or so of buying the DVD. I immediately feel energized by the FRESH air, a priceless feeling, indeed.

As long as there is a long weekend, we try to go out-of-town. I also enjoy the drive to Tali or any long drive for that matter... being together in the car with my "two bulobuboys" using the time to make kuwento-kuwento without the distractions of TV, school work, etc.

Just being with my family, in the quiet, peaceful and restful Tali is pure joy for me. These are my simple joys talaga... Away from the "noise" of living in the city.

Thanks to the generosity of Shaho Mark and Mayan, we are able to get away for a few days and stay at their warm and cozy house in Tali.

The waves were once again strong just like the last time we were there. This time of the year, rainy season, the sea is most of the time rough. I enjoy just watching the waves move towards the shore and listening and feeling the splash of the waves plus the sea breeze gently blowing away the stresses/worries in my mind. All I can think of is how awesome God is and His creations.

We left Sunday afternoon, at about 3PM and got back just in time for the 7PM Mass at the church near our place.

I am always grateful for the chance to be able to go out-of-town, no matter how brief it may be.

I thank God for protecting us, providing for us and for being present in our lives!

Truly, a day in the country is worth a month in town.... 'till our next out-of-town trip....

No comments: